WILLIAMS AND WOODS BUILDING
This large building was designed as a jam and sweet factory by Donnelly & Moore, and constructed by G. & T. Crampton for Williams & Woods in 1910, on the site of an earlier confectionary factory established c.1856. It has since been used as a data storage facility. As a food production site, it constitutes a component part of the social and industrial history of this part of Dublin, contextualised by nearby linen and yarn warehouses and a paper manufacturing site. It has a formidable presence on the streetscape, prominently sited at the corner of Loftus Lane and Kings Inn Street, and its façade articulated by deep cornices and engaged pilasters with rusticated granite plinths. A painted sign to the angled corner bay provides contextual and artistic interest.