MANOR STREET AND NEARBY IN STONEYBATTER
In the 1950s the Dublin Cattle Market Stoneybatter (known locally as ‘Cowtown’), was the largest weekly livestock sale in Europe. Of the one million cattle, sheep and pigs exported ‘on the hoof’ annually from Dublin, almost all were bought at the market before being driven to boats moored along the North Wall. Fortunately those days are long gone and I say this because I actually remember the smell of the cattle.
Stoneybatter, historically known as Bohernaglogh , is a neighbourhood of Dublin, Ireland, on the Northside of the city between the River Liffey, the North Circular Road, Smithfield Market, and Grangegorman. It is in the Dublin 7 postal district. The name dates from at least 1603.
It is often referred to as Dublin’s “hipster quarter” and was in TimeOut magazine’s list of ’40 coolest neighbourhoods in the world’ in 2019. I must admit that I don’t really know what hipster quarter means within an Irish context.
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh, Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field.Weight 1480 g (without tripod mount)
- Class-leading min. focus distance of 37.8” / 0.25x max. mag, Dual floating focus system for high AF speed and precision, XA, ED/Super ED elements and Nano AR Coating for superb resolution
- Aspherical elements & 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh, Min. focus breathing and par focal design ideal for video, Direct coupled mechanical focus system for precise manual focus
- Rigid construction with constant lens length during focusing and zooming, High performance Optical Steady Shot Image stabilization, Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Nano AR coating suppress reflections, flare and ghosting, XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01 micron surface precision
Last update on 2022-06-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API