PAINT-A-BOX CANVAS ON BLESSINGTON STREET WAITING FOR SOME COLOUR TO BE ADDED
This is located at Blessington Street and it close the main entrance to a public park known as the Blessington Street Basin.
A creative block is a temporary inability to generate new ideas or to produce creative work. It can affect anyone, but it is most common in people who work in creative professions, such as artists, writers, musicians, and designers.
Blessington Street Basin is a former drinking water reservoir in northern central Dublin which operated from 1810 until the 1970s, serving the north city. It became the central feature of a public park in 1891, and this park was renewed and reopened in 1994.
The basin was constructed by Dublin Corporation beginning about 1803, and finished in 1810. The facility was opened as the Royal George Reservoir, named in honour of King George III. The water came from the Broadstone line of the Royal Canal, and so ultimately from Lough Owel in County Westmeath. It came by pipe into the basin at the western end of the Blessington Street. From its construction, the area around the reservoir was used as a park, but it was formally developed as a public park in 1891.
The basin ceased to be used as a drinking water reservoir in the 1970s, and was subsequently used for a variety of purposes, including as a storage facility for the Dublin Fire Brigade.