DUBLIN DOORS – NORTH CIRCULAR NEAR GRANGEGORMAN
The regional road was constructed as the northern boundary of the city, and was laid out with the South Circular Road in 1763. It is still considered to separate the city centre from the inner suburbs. It runs from the Phoenix Park in the west through Phibsboro, to North Wall in the east. A number of important institutions are located along the road, including the Mater Hospital, Dalymount Park and Mountjoy Prison, and both Croke Park and St. Brendan’s Hospital are nearby. The majority of the original, large Victorian red brick houses have been converted into flats or apartments.