FATIMA LUAS TRAM STOP
Back in the 1970s and 1980s when I worked nearby Fatima Mansions was an area that I avoided at all costs and old habits die hard so I am still inclined to avoid the area. However, I am not sure how it happened, but I arrived at the Fatima Tram Stop on foot.
Fatima Mansions is an extensive public housing complex located in Rialto, Dublin. In the early 21st century, it underwent a substantial urban renewal programme with the assistance of public and private funding. All existing apartment blocks were demolished to make way for 600 accommodation units, consisting of social, affordable and private housing along with community, business and leisure facilities at a cost of €200 million. The blocks have since been renamed Herberton Apartments, but the area is still referred to locally as Fatima, which is the name of the adjacent Luas Red Line tram stop.
Work on the original complex started before World War II under the direction of Dublin Corporation (now Dublin City Council) but construction was held up due to material shortages. The first phase of construction was finally completed after the war and the first tenants began to move in in 1947: the development consisted of fifteen blocks, each of four floors in height. They replaced tenement housing for the area’s working-class residents, and provided a great improvement in living conditions. In the mid 1980s the area became notorious for its high levels of heroin use and drug dealing, which eventually led to the original complex’s demolition due to the drug problem’s severity.
- RIDE ON CAR: Step2 ride on toys turn a stroll into an adventure! The Step2 Push Around Toddler Push Toy will keep little drivers secure with the included seat belt. Kids can use the steering wheel’s working horn to alert others to share the sidewalk!
- 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION: Celebrate the classic Step2 ride on push car toy with this adorable update to the original kids push car. Featuring a cute character design, the transition from stroller to toddler ride on has never been so cute – or fun!
- STORAGE FOR SNACKS AND TOYS: The kids ride on car includes plenty of storage for longer rides. Pack snacks and toys in the extra storage space conveniently located under the toddler ride on toys hood.
- CLASSIC DESIGN: Adults can push the kids ride on toys comfortably with the extra-wide grip handle, making it perfect for long walks. The outdoor toy’s maximum weight for riding is 50 lbs.
- UNMATCHED DURABILITY: This push cars for toddlers features double wall construction for unmatched strength. With colors molded-in, you’ll never have to worry about chipping, fading, or peeling. Plus, the toddler push car with handle is low maintenance.
Last update on 2023-03-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You must be logged in to post a comment.