THE VICTORIAN PEOPLE’S FLOWER GARDENS PHOENIX PARK
The Victorian People’s Flower Gardens located close to the Parkgate Street entrance, comprise an area of 9 hectares (22 acres) and, were re-opened in 1864. These gardens were initially established in 1840 as the Promenade Grounds. They provide an opportunity to display Victorian horticulture at its best. Ornamental lakes, children’s playground, picnic area and Victorian bedding schemes are just some of the attractions. The opening hours are 8am till dusk. Closing times vary during the year.