TOLKA HOUSE PUB NEAR THE BOTANIC GARDENS IN GLASNEVIN
Tolka House, formerly The Bulls Head has been the main source of hospitality in the Glasnevin area since 1756. The pub acquired its first licence in 1848, at the end of the Great Famine, under the ownership of Thomas White. An act of parliament in 1878 saw the National Botanic Gardens come under the patronage of the state who opened it up to the public. This was good news for Mary White’s tavern.
The pub was renamed the Tolka House in 1883 under the new ownership of H. Briscoe. By 1901 Tolka House was under the care of the Ryan brothers.