HARMONY A SCULPTURE BY SANDRA BELL – PEARSE SQUARE PUBLIC PARK
Situated in the heartland of Dublin’s south inner city, Pearse Square is a rectangular open space of just over 0.5 hectare, overlooked by houses on three sides and with the fourth side opening onto Pearse Street. The square was formerly known as Queen Square and dates from 1839. In 1996, the Parks Division commenced a 2-year refurbishment programme, the design concept taking as its basis a formal layout which was noted on the 1838 Ordnance Survey map for the area.
A 3.5 metre-high contemporary bronze sculpture entitled “Harmony” by Sandra Bell forms the Square’s centrepiece and the park was re-opened to the public on 2nd July 1998.