SAMMY THE SEAL – SCULPTURE AT THE LAGAN WEIR
The public artwork inspired by Sammy The Seal has been at the Lagan Weir since 2014 and consists of three bronze sculptures protruding from the ground around seating where locals and visitors alike can enjoy the rest and view the seals and the Big Fish sculpture.
There is a family of seals that live on the river lLagan and the more daring ones spend time around the Lagan Weir and according to locals one or more have made it up river to the new pedestrian bridge at Stranmillis.
Down through the years you will see numerous mentions a seal, Sammy, resting up in a dingy, going in for a free lunch and even joining swimmers in Belfast Lough and beyond. These reports appear to imply that there is only on seal and of course it is Sammy The Seal.
The Department for Communities commissioned artwork in tribute to Sammy the seal and they required something alongside the river that was child friendly.
- Direct connection to iPhone or iPad via high-speed Lightning connector - large viewfinder, touch control and instant sharing. WiFi connectivity for remote camera controls
- 20.2MP 1" CMOS-BSI sensor and f/1.8 prime lens (32 mm equiv) - capture details even in extreme low light and take gorgeous portraits with soft bokeh
- Fast shutter speed (to 1/20000 sec), Long Exposures to 30 seconds, high ISO (51200), full HD video (1080p/30, 720p/120)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery and micro SD card slot (stores high-quality RAW format files; 8GB microSD card included)
- Instantly share your DxO ONE images from your iPhone to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. Battery life - Up to 200 images
Last update on 2022-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API