Mary Immaculate College, founded in 1898, is a University-level College of Education and the Liberal Arts, academically linked with the University of Limerick. The College is a multi-campus institution, with a student population of over 5,000 students enrolled in undergraduate programmes in Primary and Post-Primary Education, Liberal Arts and Early Childhood Care and Education, as well as a range of postgraduate programmes at Diploma, MA and PhD levels.
MIC has undergone significant growth and development in recent decades with the overall student population witnessing a tenfold increase since 1992. This expansion has brought with it a significant expansion and broadening of MIC’s academic provision, as well as a re-development of the campus which now offers teaching, learning and research facilities as well as events and conferencing facilities. In 2016, MIC expanded its geographical footprint following the incorporation of St Patrick’s College in Thurles, another well-established college, offering four degree programmes preparing students to become second-level teachers.
As a result of the incorporation of St. Patrick’s College, Thurles, MIC is now a multi-campus institution offering 13 undergraduate degree programmes in Education and the Liberal Arts, as well as Continuing Professional Development offerings for teachers and numerous postgraduate opportunities to Masters and PhD level. Also in 2016, a consortium, led by MIC, was awarded the contract from the Higher Education Authority for the delivery of the National Higher Education Programme for Inclusion Coordinators in Early Years Settings.
Close on 10% of students on campus are mature students, a relatively high figure when compared to other third level institutions. The college, in addition to catering for mature students, also offers special entry to disadvantaged students, students with disabilities, refugees, members of ethnic minorities, and Travellers. MIC also offers Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses and is committed to improving access to higher education for adults. A range of tailored programmes and supports make the journey for adult learners as easy as possible.
Through its Erasmus and student exchange programmes, the college also has an overseas complement in its student body. Students come from England, Wales, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Nigeria, Italy, Sudan, Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, China, United States, Indonesia, Norway, Denmark, Ghana, Zimbabwe, and Iceland.
The college has recently expanded into Mount Convent, a former Sisters of Mercy convent on O’Connell Avenue, Limerick, where it houses postgraduate students.
- ♛ 【Size】: Statues for home decor width: 5.91 inch/15cm, Height: 9.45 inch/24cm. Sculpture decor the size is just right,Applicable space, shelf, bookcase, desk, tabletop, clapboard frame, window, porch. Can be placed in the office, living room, counter,study, office or company to enhance the artistic atmosphere of the environment.
- ♛ 【Creative Design】: This modern home decor features a delightfully abstract design .This statue offers the appeal of anonymity on the part of the viewer, making it more appealing to a wider audience and a great addition to any bookshelf decor.
- ♛ 【Feature】The graceful bookshelf decor for home boldly use Natural color, unique thinker style with abstract sitting design attract everyone's eyes and add the uncommon taste reveal personality.
- ♛ 【Fine Craftsmanship】: sculptures home decor modern is using resin as the main raw material, through mold casting, to make a variety of beautiful, realistic paintings. No odor, Non-Toxic Harmless.
- ♛【Best gift】 Elegant tv stand decorations for living room is statues for home decor perfect for display in your home, office, library or workplace. It can be used as an elegant gift for family or friends, such as Thanksgiving gift, Christmas gift, housewarming gift and birthday gift.
Last update on 2022-10-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API