LIMERICK APRIL 2022
The main item of interest along dock road is the Bannatyne Mill building which is described as follows: A most imposing and rare industrial building with a larger than life expression of Victorian industrial architecture, erected to the designs of William Sidney Cox. The builders were McCarthy and Guerin. It was built for Mssrs. Bannatyne. The Bannatyne Mill is technically significant as the building’s frame is made of cast-iron and is encased in cut stone and rubble. There are allocations for lift machinery in the basement and the hoisting machinery is hidden behind the gables. The tower, influenced by the Gothic of northern continental Europe, adds architectural presence over the Docks and is a landmark sight from the northern banks of the River Shannon. The high degree of detailing and the attention paid to the architectural composition of this structure is extraordinary when viewed through the rationalised approach to aesthetics today. This structure, together with the later reinforced concrete silo further east are significant industrial architectural landmarks in the Dock Road area of Limerick City.
There is also a the graving dock to which I had no access. It is described as a well-built dock set within the greater wet dock, and displaying fine stone masonry typical of the mid nineteenth century. Mr. Hawney was the clerk of works. Although now falling into dereliction, this dock along with the pedstal, forms an historical feature on the landscape of the docklands.
- SMOOTH PLAYBACK: Enjoy an uninterrupted listening experience with our turntable's slip mat and ceramic stereo cartridge with stylus, eliminating continuous skipping issues found in other turntables. The precision tracking ensures smooth playback of your favorite vinyl records.
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Effortlessly play music from your Bluetooth-enabled device with our turntable and speaker set, providing great audio quality without the hassle of bad Bluetooth sound. The 2 x 50W 2-Way Stereo speaker system delivers clear and powerful sound, perfect for any home setting.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SOUND: Our turntable allows you to adjust pitch with +/- 10% pitch adjustment, providing you with the ability to tailor your listening experience. Fine-tune the bass, treble, and speed to enjoy your vinyl records the way you like them.
- RELIABLE & EASY SETUP: This turntable offers 3 speeds for 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records with pitch adjustment, ensuring consistent motor speed. The package includes an AC adapter, RCA cable, and User Manual for a simple and straightforward setup, without the need for complicated tone arm weight adjustments.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN: The AUTO-STOP ON/OFF switch allows for easy control of your turntable, while the felt slipmat protects the tonearm and stylus from damage during assembly. Our record player is designed to be accessible and enjoyable for both you and your guests, delivering consistent playback and superior sound quality.
Last update on 2023-06-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You must be logged in to post a comment.