THE ROCK THAT ST PATRICK THREW AT THE DEVIL
Some time I came across the following story: Saint Patrick was sitting on a rock on Dalkey Hill preaching. The devil appeared to St Patrick and invited him to turn against God. Saint Patrick refused and picked up a big rock which he hurled it at the devil. The rock hit the devil but the rock did not stop until it reached Coliemore harbour. I know that the story is true because I photographed the rock on the last day of April in 2026 and I checked again on the 6th July 2022 and it is still there.
There are several small harbours on the coast of Dalkey. Bulloch Harbour is the biggest; it is towards the northern part of Dalkey at Harbour Road and is a declared seal sanctuary. Coliemore Harbour is smaller and in the southern part of Dalkey at Coliemore Road. In the Middle Ages, Coliemore was the main harbour for Dublin City. Bulloch Harbour is still a working harbour with boats that fish for lobster and crab, and mackerel in season. It is also used by locals and tourists who hire boats for nearby fishing, sightseeing and getting to Dalkey Island.
- SONY EMOUNT LENS: 35mm full frame format, instant auto / manual focus selection, focus hold button. The minimum focus distance is 0.38 meters
- NATURAL, LIFELIKE IMAGERY: ED and Super ED glass elements deliver breathtaking texture and detail
- REDUCED ABERRATION: Two aspherical elements and an extremely precise XA element maximize resolution
- 9 BLADE APERTURE: SEL2470GM lenses have a 9 blade circular aperture for a gorgeous book effect
- NANO AR COATING: Allows for accurate light transmission to improve clarity, contrast and quality
- Compact Master wide prime Lens w/stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.4 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and Depth of field
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Two XA elements for natural, lifelike high resolution results
- In the box: Hood (ALC-SH154), Lens front cap (ALC-F67S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case
- G-lens design with 4 aspherical and 3 ED glass (extra-low Dispersion) elements, for high corner-to-corner resolving power throughout the entire zoom range
- Constant F4 maximum aperture maintains exposure and depth of field throughout the Zoom range
- 9-Blade circular aperture contributes to beautifully de-focused backgrounds. Format – 35 mm full-frame. Lens Groups / Elements – 14–17
- Minimum focusing distance of just 1. 25 feet provides close-up ability for an expansive range of expression
- Sports Sony’s unique DDSM (direct drive Super-sonic motor system) internal focusing system and a responsive manual focusing ring, for fast, quiet, and precise focusing
- Full-frame 70-300mm G Series F45-56 G Telephoto zoom, Nano AR Coating with Nano-precision structure, Optical SteadyShot for clear images even at full telephoto
- 35 mm full-frame. 9-blade circular aperture for smooth defocus background bokeh, 2x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements reduces aberration, 4x Aspherical elements control spherical aberration and coma
- Linear actuator achieves fast, smooth, quiet autofocus, Enhanced operability w/ direct control switches and buttons on lens, 105-450mm (35mm equivalent) w/ APS-C format cameras
- Class-leading close-up focusing capability less than 3’. Mount type: Sony E-mount
- The full force of Sony’s latest lens technology brings stunning G Master resolution and exquisite bokeh together in the world’s lightest2 Full Frame F2.8 constant aperture Standard Zoom lens. With significantly evolved AF performance, the FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM OSS II can deliver the full potential of today’s advanced still and movie cameras.
- Excellent contrast at high spatial frequencies means superb resolution even at F2.8. Two high-precision XA (extreme aspherical) elements, two ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements, two Super ED glass elements, and a floating focus mechanism control aberration, realize sharp, clear images at all zoom and aperture settings.
- This lens is the smallest and lightest F2.8 24-70mm zoom in its class2. It weighs just 24.6 oz (695 g), over 20% less than the previous model. It is 16 mm shorter, and overall volume has been reduced by approximately 18%. Excellent mobility makes it a great choice for professional or enthusiast still or movie use in a wide range of situations.
- Four of Sony’s original XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors, a floating focus mechanism, and advanced lens control achieve fast, precise and quiet AF with excellent tracking. Shoot at up to 30 frames per second3 or up to 4K 120p with a compatible camera body. A new aperture unit also contributes to high speed, enabling full AF tracking performance with the aperture stopped down4.
- Advanced lens design reduces focus breathing, focus shift and axial shift when zooming. Image and angle of view shifts are minimized for smooth movie imagery. XD Linear Motors and a new aperture unit contribute to quiet, low-vibration operation. The breathing compensation function provided in compatible α series bodies is also supported5
- Large F1. 8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 7-blade circular aperture creates beautiful defocused bokeh
- Compact, lightweight design Ideal for full-frame e-mount cameras
- Aspherical element controls spherical aberration and coma
- Double-gauss configuration suppresses field curvature & distortion
- Compact F1.2 prime lens w/ awe-inspiring G Master resolution and bokeh
- F1.2 max aperture for extraordinary shallow depth of field
- Three (XA) Extreme Aspheric elements for stunning resolution
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Compact, lightweight design: Ideal for both full-frame and APS-C2
- Ultralight, versatile wide-angle power zoom. Sony’s vast expertise brings you the world’s lightest1 full frame F4 wide-angle power-zoom lens, giving today’s content creators refined imagery, expression and control. A new power zoom system in a compact lens is suitable for small crews or solo shooting. It is ideal for stills too, with beautiful G lens rendering and astonishing AF (autofocus) performance.
- Smooth power zoom with rapid response. A new power zoom system driven by four XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors for the first time in an Alpha lens provides smooth control with the immediacy of manual zoom. Even subtle zoom ring rotation is precisely detected and instantaneously converted to zoom operation. A continuously variable zoom lever makes it easy to execute super-slow constant-speed zooms, and zoom can be remotely controlled while the camera is mounted on a gimbal.
- Designed for refined movie imagery. In addition to smooth, versatile power zoom, this remarkably compact lens minimizes angle of view shifts that can occur when focusing or zooming so that stable, high quality movie footage can be easily captured. Focus, zoom and aperture operation are also extremely quiet, greatly reducing noise and vibration that can interfere with movie recording.
- Three-ring control: zoom, focus and aperture. Independent zoom, focus, and aperture rings on this compact lens offer flexible, intuitive creative control. Responsive zoom control is indispensable for movies, and Linear Response MF ensure that the focus ring responds directly and repeatably to subtle control when focusing manually. The aperture ring has an aperture click switch that allows the click stops to be turned off when smooth, seamless aperture adjustment is required as well as a lock switch to avoid inadvertently shifting from auto control.
- Constant or variable zoom speed controllable from lens or compatible cameras/remotes. Power zoom can be controlled with the response and immediacy of a manual zoom with the lens ring. Slow and fast zoom rate is accessible from the lens zoom lever. Up to 8 speeds can be set from the zoom lever or custom keys on compatible cameras. Zoom functions of compatible cameras can be operated without touching the camera by Bluetooth connection from compatible remote controls or Smart devices with Imaging Edge Mobile.
- Outstanding g lens resolution throughout the Zoom range
- 5x ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements Reduces flare & ghosting
- Direct drive Supersonic Wave Motor for fast, quiet, precise focus
- Aspherical lens element dramatically reduces spherical aberration
- Nano AR coating suppresses Reflections, flare and ghosting
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You must be logged in to post a comment.