Sir John Rogerson (1648–1724) was an Irish politician, wealthy merchant and property developer.
Very little is known about his family background or his early life, except that he was born in the Netherlands in 1648. The Rogerson family were probably recent arrivals in Ireland. He lived in London in the late 1660s. He is recorded as a householder of Dublin from 1674. He was elected Lord Mayor of Dublin in 1693–94 and represented Clogher in the Parliament of Ireland from 1692 to 1693, then Dublin City from 1695 to 1703.
He built his country residence, “The Glen” or “Glasnevin House” outside the village of Glasnevin.
A quay in Dublin was named Sir John Rogerson’s Quay owing to his association with its development. In 1713 Dublin Corporation leased him lands by the River Liffey, on condition that he build a quay there.
He married firstly Elizabeth Proby, daughter of Emmanuel Proby, and secondly Elizabeth Ward. By his first wife he was the father of John Rogerson (1676-1741), Lord Chief Justice of the King’s Bench in Ireland, and a younger son Richard, who was a barrister of the Middle Temple. His widow died in 1726.