PAINT-A-BOX STREET ART – BRUNSWICK STREET NORTH
Brunswick Street North is situated only a few minutes’ walk from Capel Street, Parnell Square, Jervis Street and Smithfield and within walking distance of DIT Bolton Street, Blackhall Place and the Four Courts. There are many cafes and restaurants nearby.
Laid out in 1766 and formerly known as Channel Row after a channel which connected with the nearby Bradogue River. Now mainly apartment blocks developed on the site of three of Dublin’s most historic hospitals: the Brunswick, the Richmond and the Hardwicke. Each of the three hospitals specialised in different disciplines and were closed in the 1980s with the opening of the Beaumont Hospital near Glasnevin.