FRENCH CHURCH BAILEY’S NEW STREET WATERFORD
The French Church, a former Franciscan Friary and also known as Greyfriars Abbey it was built in 1241 on what is now Greyfriars and Baileys New Street, Waterford. At the entrance to the ancient church stands a monument to Luke Wadding, the famous 17th century Waterford born priest. This friary was one of the first to be built in Ireland, being founded by the Anglo-Norman Knight Sir Hugh Purcell.
The Waterford Viking Triangle is part of the cultural and heritage area in Waterford City. It is so called because of the 1000-year-old Viking walls which once surrounded it. Perhaps the most famous building in the triangle is Reginald’s Tower (which contains the Viking Museum) but the triangle is also the site of the Medieval Museum and the Bishop’s Palace Museum, collectively known as Waterford Museum of Treasures.