FOUNTAIN NEAREST THE WATERFRONT – DUN LAOGHAIRE PEOPLE’S PARK
The People’s Park in Dun Laoghaire features two very attractive cast iron fountains manufactured by the Sun Foundry, Glasgow. In 1985 the fountain nearest the seafront was fully restored to working order and illuminated it. In 1986 the Local Council dedicated the fountain to mark the 70th anniversary of the 1916 Rising, and an inscribed stone paving slab was laid beside it.
The second fountain was restored in 1988 as part of the Council’s contribution to mark Dublin’s Millennium. An inscribed stone slab was also placed in the surrounding paved area.