ELMWOOD AVENUE BELFAST
Both the Church of Ireland and the Methodist Church in Ireland have appointed full time Chaplains to Queen’s University in Belfast for over half a century. In that time each has built up its profile and places of residency.
Opened in 1954, the Church of Ireland Chaplaincy grew to occupy Houses 16-22 on Elmwood Avenue, Belfast. Sitting adjacent to the residential and office space in House 22, the Church of the Resurrection and Oasis café offered a space for Anglican worship and ecumenical coffee over many years!
In 1974 the Methodist Chaplaincy, with residency for both the Chaplain and students, opened at Nr 24-26 Elmwood Avenue.
All Souls Church is also located on Elmwood Avenue. Travelling out of Belfast city, along University Road, turn left at the junction opposite the main Lanyon Building of Queen’s University. This is Elmwood Avenue and the Church is situated on the right hand side at the end of this road. Free parking available along Elmwood Avenue. Alternatively, the Church may be found from the Lisburn Road arterial route from Belfast city centre. Elmwood Avenue is opposite the City Hospital. The Church is on the left hand side of Elmwood Avenue in this approach.