DUBLINBIKES DOCKING STATION No.58 AT SIR PATRICK DUN’S HOSPITAL
Sir Patrick Dun’s Hospital was a hospital and school for physicians on Grand Canal Street, Dublin which opened in 1808 and was named after the Irish physician Sir Patrick Dun.
The hospital building was completed 24 June 1808 and the hospital was handed over to the Board of Governors. The school opened for clinical instruction on 24 October 1808. As well as providing clinical instruction for medical students Dun’s Hospital also taught midwifery and trained army nurses. The first scientific nursing training in Ireland was introduced at the hospital in the 1880s by Margaret Huxley.
The hospital closed in the 1980s as part of the redistribution of medical services in Dublin, and the services transferred to St. James’s Hospital.
The building was used by the Institute of Clinical Pharmacology for a time and now the Eastern Heath Board. It is also used for Civil Ceremonies.
By infomatique on 2017-04-23 15:52:25