BUS STOP AT ST MARY’S CHRUCH (SIC) IN MAYNOOTH – DID ANYONE NOTICE THE TYPO?
St Mary’s Church Maynooth was built between 1835 and 1840.
Saint Mary’s Church is an important building of many periods that successfully merges true medieval fabric in a nineteenth-century Gothic Revivalist design. Containing fabric dating to the mid thirteenth century, the church is of considerable historical and archaeological significance, representing a long-standing presence – both ecclesiastical and fortified – on the site. The church is also of social importance as the ecclesiastical centre for the Church of Ireland community in the locality.