A WALK IN THE PARK – THE PEOPLES FLOWER GARDENS IN PHOENIX PARK
The Victorian People’s Flower Gardens comprise of an area of twenty-two acres, which were laid out around 1840 and opened in 1864. They provide an opportunity to display Victorian horticulture at its best. A large ornamental lake, children’s playground, picnic areas and Victorian bedding schemes are just some of the attractions.
Phoenix Park was originally created as a Royal Hunting Park by Lord Ormonde in the 17th century. The boundary wall was constructed in order to contain the wild pheasants and deer. It was first opened to the public by Lord Chesterfield in 1745.